Psalms

Proverbs 16:9

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Psalm 4:4
Stand in awe; commune with your own heart, and be still.



Sunday, February 19, 2017

Winter in McIntosh

This post is just a compilation of some of my favorite photos from my time in McIntosh this year, and a few of the things I did between sunrises and sunsets.

"Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing; praise for the morning. 
Praise for them springing fresh from the world.
Mine is the sunlight,
Mine is the morning...
God's recreation of the new day." (Song lyrics by Cat Stevens)
I spent a fun day with McIntosh friends, going to the play "Menopause" at the Ocala Civic Theatre.
Wonderful woodland walks...
Kayaking through Cross Creek,
Where time has stood still since before Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings wrote about it.

Time moves slow like the current.
A visit from my grandson, Ben, who is growing up way too fast.
Friends Tina and Claudia spent time with me here.
"Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden..." 
Blooming azaleas herald an early Spring.
Manatees shared the wonders of the Silver River with us.
Tina and I visited a large cat sanctuary. These beautiful rescued cats will spend the rest of their lives being cared for and pampered here.
"Praise with elation, praise every morning."
Tina and I and our dogs hiked the trails at Ravine Gardens State Park in Palatka.
Full moon rising over Orange lake. 
A male cardinal at my campsite in Jacksonville. 
I was there to watch my daughter, Jennifer, run her first marathon with her friend, Celeste. Jennifer is on the right in this picture. 
A horseback ride was on the agenda here at Canyons Zipline Course. 
The canyons are the site of an old phosphate mine.

Tina and I finished out our time together with a paddle down the Rainbow River. 
Just one more week and I will be on the move again, but it has been a lovely relaxing winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment